These large patient swivels are normally used by hospitals for handling bariatric patients. This larger swivel allows for wider feet placement for patients with larger thighs. They also provide support for the knees with shock absorbers that dampen the forward moving transfer loads from heavier patients. The protect the patient’s knees during transfer and help control the transfer loads during the transfer process.
Benefits of the Balance Pivot Transfer
- Does not require the patient to bear weight.
- Can be used to transfer a person twice you size.
- Reduces the transfer load by up to 90%.
- Safe, easy, effective.
How Does it works?
The transfer is a combination of skill, ergonomic principle and secure turn table.
Who can Balance Pivot transfer and who cannot
- Patients under 5000 lbs.
- Patient should be able to sit, but not necessary they be able to bear weight. Their tibia will bear it.
- No uncooperative patients. No tubes or chords.
- No feeble caregivers. While the balance pivot only requires a transfer load of 10% of body weight. White that is only 14 lbs. for a 140 lb. patient if could be up to 35 lbs for a 350 lb person.
- No caregivers who are already injured. At least until they heal. No heavy loads but back injuries should not be loaded at all until they heal.
The Swivel Balance Pivot Transfer Tools
- 12 x 12″ Weighs 12 lbs
- Velcro Foot Retainer
- 13-14 Gauge Steel
- 51 Ball Bearings
- Non Skid Bottom
- Rubber Hand Hold
- Power Coated
- Medical Grade
- 500 lb rated
- Positive turn table